Hello guest.. If you are a guest to the forum, you may use the guest lounge at the top of the page prior to registering to ask questions, place comments, request an account to be activated, etc. Enjoy your stay.

Site Donations
If you wish to help out the forum, click below.
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:20 am by fleamailman

» Happy Birthday Jyo
Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:35 pm by Johnywilko

» Try and guess who I am
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:50 pm by Sima

» bitch
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm by Sima

» Call Of Duty 5
Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:18 pm by Briane240

» new thing
Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:13 pm by Briane240

» Fleamailman
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:46 pm by einsteinean

» I need help!
Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm by Marshazzle

» Would you rather?
Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 am by Sima

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Myninjakiwi
Never played mynk? Why don't you give it a go? Click below.
Fox Network
Feel like watching some of the best shows? Fox is the answer.
Mozilla FireFox
Easy download for the best internet browser.
ImageShack
A great way to upload and edit your pictures.
YouTube
Great way to watch and upload your videos.
Apple
Includes free downloads and itunes!
Singing Box
A great way to download music by artist or song free!!
Hypercam 2
Start making videos today with a free hypercam download!
NOAA Weather
Includes national and local weather reports and more!!
Yiwu

Beliefs or ideas?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beliefs or ideas?

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:10 am

I don't believe in an all powerful - all knowing
god - and if there was one, would he actually care about us? I mean,
look at some of the things we have done to the planet - it's
inhabitants - even ourselves. You think he'd care after killing his son
- defiling his planet - and slaughtering his animals for meat day in -
day out?

Would you care if we did all that to you - your house - your family -your pets?

Man
made god in his own image - and we really haven't been on the planet
for that long - almost no time at all if you think of how long this
planet has been here - and it hasn't taken us long to destroy it . . .

So therefore I cannot believe in a god that created the world for us to live in - its a silly notion TBH

But
I do think there's a force of some kind - a good force - and a bad
force - that makes up everything - I don't think its conscious - just
all loving and on the opposite side - an all evil force as well. It's
not a belief - just an idea - I don't think we're supposed to unlock
the secrets to the universe - I really don't think we'd like what we
find.

I think good and bad are in peoples minds - bodies and
souls - creating urges and impulses to do either right or wrong - it
just depends on the life you choose.

I think there's a heaven
and a hell - but not as people think - we see heaven and hell everyday
in peoples lives - yet they refuse to think it could be true.

the
churches of old created an all knowing and all powerful god to control
the people - and it worked - and even in the so called 'free world'
they still use it.

What do you think?

Last edited by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

User Points : 85
My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beliefs or ideas?

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:00 am

The basis behind your whole argument is that a loving God would not allow some of the bad things that has happened to us... That is crap and shows you must not clearly understand Christianity.. You speak of 2 powers, one good, one bad... God is the good power, Satin is the bad.. The bad things you noted above is Satan's doing, not God's.. Think of the good things in your life, those are God's doing.. Even back to Adam and Eve, the FIRST mistake ever made was Satan's doing...

Example - 9/11 attacks = Satan's doing..... Friends and family joining together and helping those affected by the attacks = God's doing...

There is a God..

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

User Points : 179
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:18 am

You're right, I do not understand Christianity.

And, how do you class the treatment of animals? Christians own slaughterhouses...

So, Christians are rife with sin tbh

I am a vegetarian, I am probably to become a Pagan, initiated by a full fledged witch into witch craft. I also believe I am an animist...Also, i'm a very spiritual person - so I like to search to myself for answers to the unknowns.

Satan was fabricated by Christians to represent sin. Sin being anything that resembled a natural instinct in human kinds nature. Sin being punishable by eternal hell.

so, to reflect, god made man, god gave man instincts, man acts on instinct, god sends man to eternal hell. :S

the basis of my argument was that if there was God, he wouldn't give a stuff about us because of what we do to the planet and other forms of life. humans think because they are intelligent (debatable) they are above life and can do what ever the f*** they like to anything they wish. Which i think is a flaw in most religions. We are not above any other life for we are merely animals ourselves..

you may understand Christianity better than me, but I believe the whole religion to be flawed. I'm not denying the existence or origins of it, just that any real message from god would've been lost during medieval times, when the church was used to control the people. That's not to say all Christians are the same, I was speaking to a spiritual Christian yesterday and he thoroughly believes and worships Christ, but, like me, believe humans are arrogant, selfish, ignorant, and destructive creatures. He also says that god would never send humans, who he loves so much, to hell, no matter what they do.

9/11 attacks wasn't Satan's doing, it was a bunch of Muslim(debatable) extremists, thinking what they were doing was justified. friends and family joining together and helping was neither gods doing, it was their natural instincts to help.

god isn't here, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. I simply take into account the many forms of life that were here before us, and the fact we really haven't been around for that long compared to the planet and those other forms of life.

And, why can't he be a she? After all, its the women that give birth to new life, not the men...
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:47 am

Radar30 wrote:Satin is the bad..

I personally quite like Satin.

I don't think it's ever harmed chrisitianity in any way.

Sacha

User Points : 2
My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 am

^_^
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnywilko on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 am

Radar30 wrote:Think of the good things in your life, those are God's doing.. Even back to Adam and Eve, the FIRST mistake ever made was Satan's doings...
I believe that!
Johnywilko
Assassin
Assassin

User Points : 1389
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile http://donotclickhere.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 am

Winkley wrote:
Radar30 wrote:Think of the good things in your life, those are God's doing.. Even back to Adam and Eve, the FIRST mistake ever made was Satan's doings...
I believe that!

lol you believe in the beginning there was a man and a woman and one swallowed an apple core?

You must then believe that them two went forth and populated the earth right?
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnywilko on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 am

Yes, have you ever heard these words : ''Son of Adam'' or ''Daughter of Eve''?
Johnywilko
Assassin
Assassin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 am

You wrote, "And, how do you class the treatment of animals? Christians own slaughterhouses..."-------God put animals on the Earth for Adam, none of them were good enough so God created Eve, Adam named the animals and they are here for US.. (in the Bible)

You wrote, "Satan was fabricated by Christians to represent sin. Sin being anything that resembled a natural instinct in human kinds nature. Sin being punishable by eternal hell.
so, to reflect, god made man, god gave man instincts, man acts on instinct, god sends man to eternal hell. :S"-----Wrong, God gave man free will, it is up to man to live Godly and be rewarded with an eternity in Heaven.. the Devil tries to tempt man into sin.

You wrote, "you may understand Christianity better than me, but I believe the whole religion to be flawed. I'm not denying the existence or origins of it, just that any real message from god would've been lost during medieval times, when the church was used to control the people. That's not to say all Christians are the same, I was speaking to a spiritual Christian yesterday and he thoroughly believes and worships Christ, but, like me, believe humans are arrogant, selfish, ignorant, and destructive creatures. He also says that god would never send humans, who he loves so much, to hell, no matter what they do."-----I am not saying at all that humans are perfect, they are clearly flawed. But the great thing about God is He forgives you if you truly repent. Humans can go to hell, but they are forgiven of their wrongs if they repent.

You wrote, "9/11 attacks wasn't Satan's doing, it was a bunch of Muslim(debatable) extremists, thinking what they were doing was justified. friends and family joining together and helping was neither gods doing, it was their natural instincts to help."----- Of course, Satan didn't plan 9/11, all I was meaning is taht Satan tempts people to sin, he enjoys destroying human well-being. And as far as you saying that friends and family joining together was just natural instinct, true, but those instincts come from our God. As you stated above, "God created man, God gave man instincts."

Lastly, you wrote, "And, why can't he be a she? After all, its the women that give birth to new life, not the men..."----He is not a she because He is Jesus's Father (not Mother). In the Bible, women were created from men (even though women give birth), it is woman who was created in man's image, so your last comment holds no water.

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 am

And as far as you saying, "You must then belive that Adam and Eve populated the Earth, right?"---- I don't know the history of the world, nor does anyone for certainty, but I don't think it would be impossible for them to have populated the Earth way way back. I mean if you think about it, you're parents have you and your siblings, who then get married and have kids... it could happen. Of course there were probably a few birth defects back in those days I am guessing....

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

Radar30 wrote:

Lastly, you wrote, "And, why can't he be a she? After all, its the women that give birth to new life, not the men..."----He is not a she because He is Jesus's Father (not Mother). In the Bible, women were created from men (even though women give birth), it is woman who was created in man's image, so your last comment holds no water.

Wow, I didn't realise Christianity was so sexist...

This just furthers my belief that Christians are following a faith massively influenced by medieval times.

What you said not only contradicts itself clearly but is a jab at women not being equal to men.

And you believe this has nothing to do with medieval views of men and women?
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 am

that is not sexist, I was explaining why God is assumed to be a man.. the Bible goes on about women's importance, but that was not part of the debate, the debate was simply, "why is God seen as a male?" Christianity is not sexist and that is not at all what I meant. I did not mean to put down women in any way, I was simply responding as to why God is portrayed in a male form. If you would like to restart a debate about sexist religions, I am sure the ones you listed in the other debate thread would win out by far, because some of them are very sexist. And if you would like proof of Christianity not being sexist, I will be happy to oblidge.

Furthermore, out of everything I just responded to, the only response I get is "Christianity is sexist." What about all of the other topics?

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxman on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:05 am

Eh. i'm not very religous. So i have no clue . I don't belive in anything, except the fact that people should just chillax about religious beliefs. and if anything was believable. i would say .. NOTHING. hahah. Great debating topic btw . Cool

Assassin

User Points : 1396
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 am

Radar30 wrote:that is not sexist, I was explaining why God is assumed to be a man.. the Bible goes on about women's importance, but that was not part of the debate, the debate was simply, "why is God seen as a male?" Christianity is not sexist and that is not at all what I meant. I did not mean to put down women in any way, I was simply responding as to why God is portrayed in a male form. If you would like to restart a debate about sexist religions, I am sure the ones you listed in the other debate thread would win out by far, because some of them are very sexist. And if you would like proof of Christianity not being sexist, I will be happy to oblidge.

Furthermore, out of everything I just responded to, the only response I get is "Christianity is sexist." What about all of the other topics?

LOL

None of them would be sexist, i would like to know how you came to that conclusion... And please do not reply about something you've seen on the news.

paganism actually promotes all kinds of gender, being that the deity is female - the goddess Gaia, mother of all.

I responded to the woman part because to me that said it all. if I had been drinking a nice refreshing beverage I would have undoubtedly spat it back out in surprise - or even the lack of it.

And yes, that was a sexist remark. Not made by statement by you inadvertedly, but thats how women were looked at during the time your religion was spread about the world. What do you think it would say about women in todays society had the religion been formed recently?
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by queen of hearts on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 am

the bible is like a fairy story
queen of hearts

User Points : 11
My Mood :

View user profile http://unsaneculture.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxman on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

Except not ?

Assassin

User Points : 1396
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 am

queen of hearts wrote:the bible is like a fairy story

christianity is one giant fairy tale, manufactured from a time where kings ruled countries that wasn't necessarily theirs, from a time women were seen as nothing more than objects and possessions, a time when myths of angels and demons were rife among the country folk, a time when men were seen as rulers and women were seen as haberdashers, animals were seen as dinner, and so on...
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

In repsonse to me saying other religions are more sexist than Christianity, you wrote, "paganism actually promotes all kinds of gender, being that the deity is female - the goddess Gaia, mother of all." --- congratulations, you brought up one religion that isn't sexist.. I didn't ask for an example, I said there are others that ARE...

Also, you wrote, "And yes, that was a sexist remark. Not made by statement by you inadvertedly, but thats how women were looked at during the time your religion was spread about the world. What do you think it would say about women in todays society had the religion been formed recently?"---- Women are looked at like that now. Not by me, but by some (Christians and non-Christians). I wasn't being sexist. Saying God is looked at as a male is not sexist and if you say it is, you are stretching to win this argument. And when I said God made woman from man, that is because that is what the Bible tells us. She was made from the rib (side) of the man, meaning they walk side by side, as equals. She wasn't made from a bone of Adam's foot, telling us that men can walk all over women.

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:27 pm

The only possible way a man can exist is from birth by a woman...

Other religions would say god created man and woman, not woman from the man... that is basically saying man came first, man is more important, you even claimed god made the woman for the man, like a woman has no other place in the world except at a mans side.

This is what the Bible is telling us. Why? Purely because of the time it was written.

Now, you said earlier that man was far from perfect. So, how can you protest that the men who wrote the bible were?
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnywilko on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 pm

This has turned into a big religion/belief fight
Johnywilko
Assassin
Assassin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 pm

Yes I have to agree lol

But, what doesn't destroy us only makes us stronger...
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Son of Gaia wrote:The only possible way a man can exist is from birth by a woman...

Other religions would say god created man and woman, not woman from the man... that is basically saying man came first, man is more important, you even claimed god made the woman for the man, like a woman has no other place in the world except at a mans side.

This is what the Bible is telling us. Why? Purely because of the time it was written.

Now, you said earlier that man was far from perfect. So, how can you protest that the men who wrote the bible were?

"The only possible way a man can exist is from birth by a woman..." - Then how did that Chinese guy become pregnant ? And, that he might have a baby ?

And, also, the whole Greek Myths think -- How did Kronos ( Was it him ? ) give birth to Zeus, Posiden, and Hades ?

But wait, you might be saying "THAT IS A MYTH", but, well, if you think about it, how did these stories come to be ?
Some random pot-head just told them ?
No, it was the artifacts and things like that that told about it.
So, this to me is real.
And, Radar is so far the strongest.
But, you have some good points.

Nice debate, ya'll.

- опановувати - ÑøØß -

I love you, Guest.

Click on it !

Noble
Nuke Commander
Nuke Commander

User Points : 1409
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Master Noob wrote:

But wait, you might be saying "THAT IS A MYTH", but, well, if you think about it, how did these stories come to be ?
Some random pot-head just told them ?
No, it was the artifacts and things like that that told about it.
So, this to me is real.
And, Radar is so far the strongest.
But, you have some good points.

Nice debate, ya'll.

if I could be so bold as to ask what artefacts you're talking about?

I bet you're one of those who believe Lucifer to be a being of evil aren't you...?
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 pm

The coins, statues, carvings, sculptures, mosaics, ya know.

And, why do you think I am a believer of Lucifer ?

I'd like to see what you are talking about. Razz

- опановувати - ÑøØß -

I love you, Guest.

Click on it !

Noble
Nuke Commander
Nuke Commander

User Points : 1409
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 pm

TBH I'm fascinated by that stuff, where the myths came from and such. But i recognise that it came from man, and not the gods themselves.

Chinese whispers anyone?

Well Lucifer is one of those big misconceptions started by Christianity, he was in fact the god of air, the morning star, an angel what over Christian history has been changed into one of the four rulers of hell, because he represented one of the seven sins, which I have argued at the start, aren't really sins at all...
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next