Hello guest.. If you are a guest to the forum, you may use the guest lounge at the top of the page prior to registering to ask questions, place comments, request an account to be activated, etc. Enjoy your stay.

Site Donations
If you wish to help out the forum, click below.
Latest topics
» the last person to post here wins
Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:20 am by fleamailman

» Happy Birthday Jyo
Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:35 pm by Johnywilko

» Try and guess who I am
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:50 pm by Sima

» bitch
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm by Sima

» Call Of Duty 5
Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:18 pm by Briane240

» new thing
Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:13 pm by Briane240

» Fleamailman
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:46 pm by einsteinean

» I need help!
Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm by Marshazzle

» Would you rather?
Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 am by Sima

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Myninjakiwi
Never played mynk? Why don't you give it a go? Click below.
Fox Network
Feel like watching some of the best shows? Fox is the answer.
Mozilla FireFox
Easy download for the best internet browser.
ImageShack
A great way to upload and edit your pictures.
YouTube
Great way to watch and upload your videos.
Apple
Includes free downloads and itunes!
Singing Box
A great way to download music by artist or song free!!
Hypercam 2
Start making videos today with a free hypercam download!
NOAA Weather
Includes national and local weather reports and more!!
Yiwu

Beliefs or ideas?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Beliefs or ideas?

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:52 pm

The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity. - HITLER.
And no, I don't think anything of him is right, just saw the quote and thought it rather fitting.
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

User Points : 31
My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Nazar wrote:Imagine how peaceful the world would be if everyone believed in the bible. The 10 commandments for example, if the whole world believed in that, there would be no wars ( 13 You shall not kill )
There would be no rape ( 14 You shall not commit adultery. )
There would be no hatred to other people
There would be no robbery or stealing ( 15 You shall not steal. )
It goes on forever...

If you are looking for peace, then i don't know what you guys would do to make that happen

rape isn't adultery, adultery is when a married man or woman is unfaithful.

Thou shall not kill should refer to all life.
Thou shall not commit adultery was a way of controlling women into staying faithful, remember the punishment for adultery?
Why would god care if you steal? Some steal because they're hungry...

Try telling that to a Muslim that they should all follow the bible...

All i'm saying is there are a number of religions, all of them thinking they're just as right as you're now.

How can you be so sure that Christianity is the only right religion?

Plus, it came from Rome anyway...

And they're the ones that had the power to go around conquering nations with their wars, and death yet preached thou shall not kill?

Oooh, another contradiction in the commandments maybe...
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

User Points : 85
My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:53 pm

The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity. - HITLER.
And no, I don't think anything of him is right, just saw the quote and thought it rather fitting.
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Girl_Anachronism wrote:You sound like an extremist to me.... You seem to follow the bible right down to the last word, so yes. I am debating you are a hypocrite and an idiot.

well then you have me wrong, I am debating on the side of Christianity and what the Bible states.. however, I am not an extremist.. I have friends that are gay, some Christians frown upon that, I openly admit that I make bad decisions (I'll leave it at that), some Christians hide their bad decisions and don't let people know the real person.. This is a Christianity debate, not a debate on who I am as a person... And I most certainly do not follow the Bible to a T.. I am simply a Christian, I was on this debate to give ya'll Christianity facts and debate against you, that does not make me one of those extremists

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

User Points : 179
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Girl_Anachronism wrote:
Nazar wrote:Imagine how peaceful the world would be if everyone believed in the bible. The 10 commandments for example, if the whole world believed in that, there would be no wars ( 13 You shall not kill )
There would be no rape ( 14 You shall not commit adultery. )
There would be no hatred to other people
There would be no robbery or stealing ( 15 You shall not steal. )
It goes on forever...

If you are looking for peace, then i don't know what you guys would do to make that happen
Hardly, it promotes racial and homophobic hatred. That is hardly something I wish to follow. OH AND WE ARE MEANT TO BE SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYTHING, AND EVERYONE ELSE.
Sounds like a great religion to me....

If you actually really believe in your religion, you wouldn't be so mad right now, I, am a Christian, and I really do not care if you call me any names, or hate me. You guys, seem to be really mad at us, calling us names and such, but if you actually believed spirituality, you wouldn't really care about this as much because we live in a world right now that lets you believe what you want to believe in. I am never going to be offended by any of this because i am a true christian. I will never take this topic seriously unless you guys are going to try to convert me to another religion 0_o

Natz
Beserk Orange
Beserk Orange

User Points : 433
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Nazar wrote:Ok, so what are you going to do to make the world more peaceful. I don't see any plan you guys have brought up

Well kinda the fact we would promote such peace and equality would be the plan. What plan does Christianity have?

''When you die, you will be judged...''

Hows that going to effect the state of the world?
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Wasn't trying to convert, this IS meant to be a forum for debating religion, we're just choosing to debate yours, as you are ours.
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Sam, you keep saying stuff like Christians do things that aren't right.. Yes, some do, but the Bible isn't teling them to do that.. Just as other religions do, does the Muslim religion teach terrorism, probably not, Just know that our Bible isn't reflective of the acts of some people...

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Girl_Anachronism wrote:Wasn't trying to convert, this IS meant to be a forum for debating religion, we're just choosing to debate yours, as you are ours.

Did I say you were trying to convert? No, maybe you should read more closely, I clearly said that I would get mad if you guys were trying to convert us Christians to another religion

Natz
Beserk Orange
Beserk Orange

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm

OH OH OH, and sex before marriage? Sex is NATURAL and if it wasn't for sex, we wouldn't be here now. Why should it be defined by a piece of paper? Also, nuns are meant to be pretty high up religious wise right? Yet they can't have sex, but if every girl was a nun, then we wouldn't reproduce, and surely, God would be pretty pissed off if we let 'his creation' die right?
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Son of Gaia wrote:
Nazar wrote:Ok, so what are you going to do to make the world more peaceful. I don't see any plan you guys have brought up

Well kinda the fact we would promote such peace and equality would be the plan. What plan does Christianity have?

''When you die, you will be judged...''

Hows that going to effect the state of the world?

Christianity promotes peace and equality, along with many other things you would agree with. If you have ever read the Bible you would know that. judgement into Heaven is afterlife, not what the Bible tells us to do here on Earth.

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Girl_Anachronism wrote:OH OH OH, and sex before marriage? Sex is NATURAL and if it wasn't for sex, we wouldn't be here now. Why should it be defined by a piece of paper? Also, nuns are meant to be pretty high up religious wise right? Yet they can't have sex, but if every girl was a nun, then we wouldn't reproduce, and surely, God would be pretty pissed off if we let 'his creation' die right?

nuns are Catholic, Catholics are different...

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Nazar wrote:

If you actually really believe in your religion, you wouldn't be so mad right now, I, am a Christian, and I really do not care if you call me any names, or hate me. You guys, seem to be really mad at us, calling us names and such, but if you actually believed spirituality, you wouldn't really care about this as much because we live in a world right now that lets you believe what you want to believe in. I am never going to be offended by any of this because i am a true christian. I will never take this topic seriously unless you guys are going to try to convert me to another religion 0_o

Personally its because the bible is such a common thing nobody is allowed to question it. Christianity to me is a mainstream label that most people wear although they know nothing of the religion or its histories. i don't wish to convert you, I just wanted to oppose it, not in a bad way, just to see how far i could take it.

Of course we're not going to change Christianity, or your beliefs, but whilst you know you're right, we know we are.

That's why i was doing it anyway
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Maybe if you guys went to a christian church a couple of times, you would know exactly what me and Rad are trying to say. You guys need to read the bible a little bit more closely, then we could have a little "chat" about this topic

Natz
Beserk Orange
Beserk Orange

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:02 pm

But, also it contradicts itself, you cannot deny that at parts, it tells you to be gay is wrong, to be anything but white isn't right, to be anything other than christian, all of these things lead to hell. But then it does go on to say to treat everyone with equality.
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:03 pm

I have been to church actually, quite a few times. Both my mother and my nan are christians. POW
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Gaia on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Radar30 wrote:Sam, you keep saying stuff like Christians do things that aren't right.. Yes, some do, but the Bible isn't teling them to do that.. Just as other religions do, does the Muslim religion teach terrorism, probably not, Just know that our Bible isn't reflective of the acts of some people...

Islam is more of a delicate subject to Christianity because of the extremists. And islam doesn't preach terrorism, it preaches peace and equality, just like your bible...
Son of Gaia
Sunshine
Sunshine

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:05 pm

It does not tell you that anything but white isn't right, Jesus was more than likely Arabian (as he was from Israel)... The Bible is questioned all the time, even by Christians, so don't think it's just something noone questions and just lives by because they are told to

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:05 pm

I don't remember it saying not being white is wrong, God loves us all, even you. And do you think a guy married to another guy is right, or two guys having sex with each other?

Natz
Beserk Orange
Beserk Orange

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Yes I do. If thats what makes them happy. What harm does it do you? I myself am Bi, and have many gay friends. Does that make me worthy of being 'thrown to the devil'?
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Just saying! Do you think it wrong?
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeSteel on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:09 pm

Girl_Anachronism wrote:Yes I do. If thats what makes them happy. What harm does it do you? I myself am Bi, and have many gay friends. Does that make me worthy of being 'thrown to the devil'?

No. Just because I don't believe he exists. =S.

Also, please don't double post.
JakeSteel
Territory Master
Territory Master

User Points : 277
My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:10 pm

You seem to ignore my question

I don't remember it saying not being white is wrong

I didn't say i was against it, I just asked you a simple question and there you go off again...

Natz
Beserk Orange
Beserk Orange

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar30 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 pm

I think we can agree that all, or most, religions preach similar virtues, but what sets religions aside is the they worship, so there is no need to debate on peace, love, faith, hope, etc... the MAIN difference is who to worship, and we all have said who/what we believe that to be.. and there are obvios other topics that have differing viewpoints, but those should really all be in separate debates since they are all topics worthy of a lot of repsonses, as for this debate, I think I am going to be done until a more detailed topic is posted, since this one could go on forever... I hope I have not offended anyone in the spirit of debate, In closing, you two just know that the Bible is not the bad thing you think it is, it has good teachings, as does many religious books.. If you have a question about the Bible or why you think it is a "bad" book, pm me and I will correct whatever misconception you have.. thanks for the debate folks..

Radar30
Immaculate Penguin
Immaculate Penguin

My Mood :
Extra Ranks :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Girl_Anachronism on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 pm

JakeSteel wrote:
Girl_Anachronism wrote:Yes I do. If thats what makes them happy. What harm does it do you? I myself am Bi, and have many gay friends. Does that make me worthy of being 'thrown to the devil'?

No. Just because I don't believe he exists. =S.

Also, please don't double post.
I didn't mean to, I thought there was another just after mine. Infact, I'm sure one was posted then re-posted with a quote from Nazar, although I am sorry if I was wrong.
Also, I didn't mean to ignore the question, I am easily distracted to say the least.
I never meant you did, but from my memory of the bible I am sure there is something of the like in the Bible to do with that, because my confusion has always come from Jesus if he was real, wouldn't of been white.
Girl_Anachronism
Babelfish
Babelfish

My Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next